Article provided by: Massload Technologies Inc.
How do you choose the right load cell? Years of experience will teach you that the choice ultimately depends on the application, budget, and application stage. Load cells have a quality measurement benefit useful in agriculture, aerospace, industrial weights, and medicine, among many other applications. Ongoing advances in load cell technology require that one understands essential functions and types of load cells.
Frequently asked questions about load cells.
A load cell is a sensor that converts kinetic energy into a quantifiable output. These load cells are prevalent in industrial environments because they weigh applications in scales. One can also use load cells to test, run, and monitor a machine, medical device, aircraft tool, among other devices. Load cells are available in many different sizes and shapes for different functions.
What is a tension load cell?
Tension load cells have a similar purpose of straining gauges because it measures pressure. It has a slightly different operation than most other cells.
How do tension cells work?
Tension cells have a loading cell axis that detects tension force upon application. The wire of the strain elongates and thins with increasing electrical resistance. Tension load cells are critical in manufacturing fields because they cut back on wasted materials and offer a fantastic opportunity to test the tress on the system. Tension load cells need maintenance to maintain proper calibration and accurate measurements. The most common applications include:
- Weight and hoisting cranes
- Providing proper scales for hoppers and tanks
- Measuring tensile strength
- Measuring towing loads and cable forces
- Hanging scales
The bottom line is that these load cells are ideal for applications that variate between compression and tension.
What are the benefits of tension load cells?
- They are excellent for spaces that restrict space because they have an easy installation process.
- The cells are versatile and have a low profile for many different applications in stainless steel designs.
- Tension load cells are accurate in collecting tension and compression data under the most stressful situations.
- These cells measure bi-directional data ranging from 1kg to 100 tons.
- The internal design of the tension load cell allows one to maintain long-term stability while significantly reducing a small load-axis
- Therefore, they have an easy installation process and are the most reliable for custom and dedicated customs.
- The cells have a good seal and protection and are inexpensive to maintain
What should you consider when buying tension load cells?
A couple of factors will guide your process of buying a tension link suspension. Some include the following essential considerations:
- The duration of the measurement
- The requirement you need for the output
- The direction of the load, such as tension and compression
- The percentage of the accuracy requirement
- Your choice of mounting options
- Certificate requirements
- A budget of the operation costs
- Accessories available to complete the setting
Mass load uses the best quality of alloy steel to manufacture the best quality of tension load cells. The units become applicable in heavy winching, lifting, and hanging applications, with little susceptibility to corrosion and chemical contamination. Talk to us on 1-800-667-3825 for the best quality of load cell solutions for various applications.Tension Load Cells
View Larger Map